Monday, March 28, 2011

Hope Springs




Aunt Ruth believes that life is more delicious when shared.  I just hung up the phone with her and learned that Connie and she are baking cookies to box and deliver to friends.  


Last week, I was really tired and a bit woe-is-me-ish when I decided to channel for what has become my inner Aunt Ruth.  Instead of throwing a pity party which always has one guest, the hostess (that's me), I decided to fire up the oven, grab the sautee pan, and make a casserole, cupcakes, and even appetizers to give to a close friend whose family illness and 3 jobs hasn't  allowed her much time for meal preparation.


I felt so Aunt Ruth.  Humming as I cooked and smiling with each whiff of food, I forgot my cares.  As you can see from the laughing ladies at one of Aunt Ruth's parties, she has that effect on people.


Magic?  Try it and let us know...

6 comments:

  1. Thank you for the Aunt Ruth inspired food. It was awesome and appreciated. YUM.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And this again shows that sharing (caring) makes happy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful way to live your life and I am so happy our paths have crossed :) I love aunt Ruth and I love how you share her .. thank you Honey :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this blog as I too model my life after my mother's who fed lots and lots of people when she was alive. Cooking in our house is a shared event. I used to bake cookies with a friend at Christmas time so that we could bring these cookies to the elderlies where we lived in Kansas City for several years. I haven't baked in a few years but cooking is my therapy and I still feed a lot of people!

    ReplyDelete
  5. There's something so fulfilling about giving of ourselves..of sharing. Yes - Aunt Ruth is truly inpspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for sharing this! My best friend is such a blessing. I tell her this often. But I'd like to -DO- something special for her. I think cupcakes will bring very big smiles!

    ReplyDelete