Thursday, December 30, 2010

Aunt Ruth and 2011

I am very grateful that Aunt Ruth will continue to teach me in 2011.    Photographing her for loving aunt ruth has been an education ranging from life in the Depression to organizational tips for kitchens, pantries, and closets.  New recipes have been added to my file and a deep appreciation for family, faith, and friends grew in ways that I didn't know possible from listening to the importance the 3 "f's" play in her life.


Aunt Ruth is now 91-and-a-half, as she likes to say, and she is the most social person I know.  As I write this blog, she is preparing for another New Year's gathering of lifelong friends.  Real friends.  Lately, I have found that my friends are more often than not contacted when I pick up my Blackberry or click the mouse on my Mac.


For 2011, I resolve to be more like Aunt Ruth.  Here is her wish for 2011:





If you would like to send yours to Aunt Ruth, please leave a comment here, or send it to my email address:
photography@honeylazar.com.  Aunt Ruth enjoys hearing from you!


Happy New Year from Aunt Ruth and Me.

6 comments:

  1. Happy new year to you and Aunt Ruth! Thanks for sharing her tips and experiances! xo
    Carri

    p.s. I couldn't leave comments before. : (

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aunt Ruth, Here's to a happy and healthy 2011! My very best to you (and you too Honey).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aunt Ruth, Here's wishing you a very Happy New Year and all the best that 2011 can bring to you. May you continue to be healthy, so wise, and share your wealth of information with all of us. Thanks to you too, Honey, for sharing Aunt Ruth. Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. To Aunt Ruth and to Honey,
    Happy 2011! My warmest wishes for a wonderful year for you both. You've enriched our lives and I know that love and care will flow back to you in deeply meaningful ways. With gratitude, Keron

    ReplyDelete
  5. To Aunt Ruth..and to you too - Honey. Wishing you and yours a happy and healthy. May it be filled with everything you wish for..and so much more!

    ReplyDelete
  6. happy new year to you both! see you in 2011

    ReplyDelete